Saturday, March 13, 2010

Ferry to Melbourne







Got up before dawn this morning in the lovely old town of Deloraine and drove the remaining 50km to the ferry. Bad coffees and sausage rolls to start the day - magnificent! What could have been a very tedious voyage was made a lot easier by the kids play area and face painting - we left the kids in the cabin and Jane and I amused ourselves for hours! It feels a bit strange going back to Melbourne when we don't have a home to return to. We miss Tasmania already - it was sad seeing it disappear over the horizon. Love from Jane, Toby and the Squids

1 comment:

  1. Dear Toby, Jane en Squingelies,

    First of all: Happy Birthday to the two beautiful bid three year olds. Henry, I hope you are having a wonderful Blue Birthday back on the mainland. And Ellabella, how pretty would you look today now you are so big? Are you wearing a nice special pink tutu?

    I have been following you a bit but had to catch up on some posts today. It seems like you have all had an amazing time in Tassie. The photos are just so beautiful: dirty kids and parents with the amazing Tasmanian sceneries. It's so good to hear you have had such fun & all managed to change into real outback Neanderthalers, equiped with solarpowered mobile phones and wireless internet!

    I am missing you guys a lot! Especially on this special day. Wish I could be there. I have also started thinking of living in SE Asia, nicely in between Europe and Australia. ;)

    I guess at the moment you are with family? Already made it to Sarah's and Andy's place up in the hills?

    Hopefully I will get to talk to you on Skype today. Maybe you can turn it on and just leave the computer on until you hear me ringing?

    I am now in Sumatra on remote Pulau Samosir, one of the most gorgeous spots so far. This will be my first official Rest Day, so except from reading, drawing, sleeping an taking photos.. I ain't do nothing today!

    Wishing you all a wonderful day & lots of love,

    Astrid

    ReplyDelete